Saturday, February 21, 2009

Set to Sell!

I am very happy to report that I have finally gotten Jeff to see things my way and agree to sell our house! Actually, Sylvia... I should be thanking your husband, Craig... as he was the one to get Jeff to see things my way! :) He comes home after talking to Craig and says he agreed with me and we should do it! Funny how it's only a good idea when his friends agree! Oh well, at least he agrees- that's the important part! :)

We will probably lose about $25,000 just to get out of our house, but ... I feel it will be worth it. We will need something bigger with a 3rd child on the way. And so we've decided to rent a bigger place down the road in Huntley until we know what we're doing. I want to move home... I'm tired of the long winters and being so far from my family, and I hate paying such HIGH property taxes.
Jeff would like to stay. He feels his opportunity to become a GM is still here, in the midwest. I'm not so sure. I am nervous about him being in the restaurant industry in this economy! But still, agreeing to stay and to rent is a good compromise.
At least then we don't run the risk of foreclosure if, God forbid... he does lose his job?!
We may buy something out west and rent it out as an investment or as a future place to return to!? Who knows... I suppose we'll cross all the bridges when we come to them. I just hope we can find a buyer for our townhouse, and soon... so we can move before I get too big, or have a newborn on my hands!

We're no stranger to it... moving while pregnant or with children... I was 5 months pregnant with Austin when we moved in Vegas, and then AJ was 10 months old when we moved to Illinois. So, it will be tough, but it can be done! I will sleep better at night knowing we do not have a mortgage hanging over our head! :)

I have so much work to do though. Cleaning, organizing, touching up paint, cleaning carpets... staging to sell. It will be tough (understatement) keeping up with the house while living in it! I've also been selling off whatever I am no longer interested in keeping or moving... which is so much more than I realized! We sure have accumulated a lot of unnecessary stuff in the last 3 years! Wow, I'm overwhelmed!

But my mom is coming out to visit March 11-17... I am SO excited! It will be great to see her, and difficult to make myself be productive while she is here! But it will provide me more free time to get ready.

Next week, will be the end of my first trimester! I will officially be 12 weeks pregnant and my chance of miscarriage will drop dramatically. Not to mention, I should see the morning sickness subside as well... I hope! It's gotten much better once I figured out my prenatals were making me sick. Flinstones vitamins have done the trick!

I think that's all the clatter running around my brain at the moment?! As if anyone wants to read my brain rants... :) Sorry my postings have been so dull lately... so much on the mind.

1 comment:

Sylvia and Craig said...

Oooooh! I feel your pain about the move. It is just no fun. Your place is so nice, and with the finished basement-hopefully it won't take too long to sell. It will be the perfect time to put it up as soon as you're done making it perfect for someone else. I hate that about moving. It about killed me to leave our house in Illinois-we had put so much blood, sweat and tears into it.

As for the future-I hope you guys come out to Vegas. There are many deals to be had! And we have pretty much lost ALL our down and then some, so don't feel too bad about that either. Everyone has. But you are right, you never know where the opportunity will be. I'm hoping for here ;)

Hope you're feeling better!