Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus

Ok, so I admit... I was a little...ok a lot, reluctant to pitch the whole Santa Claus story (lie) to my kids! I had a really hard time with it...and still kind of do...but, since AJ already believes in him...(thank you society and Noggin Cartoons) ...I guess it's just easier to go with it! :)
Ok...and I confess...it's FUN too...there, I said it.

Last night, we bundled up the boys, made some Hot Cocoa...and went to see Santa.


AJ was SO excited!!!






Jack...not so much.





But, he enjoyed the cocoa and getting out of the house...since the storm has had us holed up all week!!

After we saw Santa, we sipped our cocoa while we drove around and looked at Christmas lights!
It was beautiful, peaceful...it was one of those moments that you pictured before you had kids, that made you want to have a family...one of those moments where everything feels perfect!!
Do you know what I mean?

They don't happen as often as I'd like ...but when they happen, it makes it all worth while!!

From the back, I could hear Austin saying "Wow, ooohhh, pretty....look at that one! So beautiful!"
It's hard to believe he's now old enough to get it! All of it! And really enjoy it!


I thought to myself, 'this isn't so bad... we may have just started a tradition!?
Cocoa, Santa and lights! I like it!'


While we were visiting Santa...Austin asked him for 4 things he hadn't ever asked me for!
(of course!)
He asked for a Little Einsteins Rocketship Toy, a Red Race Car, and a Helicopter...oh, and a lollipop! So guess what mom (Santa) was doing at midnight last night!?
Running around trying to find his wish list for Santa!!

I managed to find all of it with out breaking the bank! I thought I was done with my Christmas shopping...but I couldn't let him think Santa stiffed him!
It was his first time ever going to see Santa!


Warmed by the 'picture perfect' evening we shared and in the spirit of St. Nicholas...I even typed up a letter from Santa to Austin, (we'll read it to him Christmas morning) and this is what it says:


Dear Austin,

Thank you so much for coming to visit me while I was in your town!! It was so nice to meet you and finally put a face with a name!

I hope you enjoy the Helicopter, Little Einsteins Rocketship toy, Red Race Car, and the Lollipop that you asked for!

You were a very good boy this year! I was watching… and I am very proud of you! You are such a good helper to your Mom and Dad, and you are a wonderful Big Brother!!

Good job on the potty training too, buddy!

Keep up the Good Work!

Much love from the North Pole… your pal,

Santa Claus

P.S. Thanks for the yummy cookies!!! I shared them with the reindeer!


I know, I know...you're scratching your head wondering how the scrooge goes from not wanting to tell her kids about Santa at all to writing letters on his behalf!?!
I don't know either... I guess it was the light in Austin's eyes and the excitment in his voice!?
He has the rest of his life to be realistic...why burst his bubble now?!
Besides...what's the harm in believing?! Right?!




2 comments:

mommytoalot said...

So glad your little one enjoyed seeing Santa. Great photos.
Thanks so very much for your kind words you left when you stopped by my blog.
..
Love your letter from Santa. You are right, it is so much fun to play along..
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Ronda said...

Oh this is precious! I love it. I also struggled with the Santa thing but gave in and went with it.
Great pictures.