Monday, October 22, 2012

Work Hard, Play Hard...


Balance is what we strive for but it's seldom achieved.  I feel like I've been all work and no play these days!
If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard the kids whine "I'm bored" "Mom, play with me" or "I'm hungry"... right after they ate, which translates to "I'm bored" in other words... I'd be a very rich woman!
I feel bad though.  All their toys are packed.  The weather is cold and rainy most the time now... and they're stuck inside with little to do!  Poor kids!

This last week was esspecially difficult.  I felt like I was on the computer and phone all day every day.
We put in an offer on a house, found out it was accepted, Repo... so endless paperwork submitted, inspection scheduled.... only to discover that the area is not the safest... which is why uniforms were required in a public school I suspect it due to gang activity.  We quickly withdrew our offer within our 10 days allowed and we're getting our earnest deposit back.  So I am exhausted and we're back at square one!
BUT at least we're not stuck in a house we may not have been happy with the area in.

I can't wait to get them down to Texas where they can play outdoors year round and I can set their play room up again!

But yesterday, it was 67 degrees with sunshine so we decided it was time to play hard!  And we did!!
We went to lunch at McD's, eating inside was a thing of wonder for the kids.... then off to Tom's farm for our 7th and final year!

We had a blast! 

Maddie rode a minitature horse for the first time!  She LOVED it!  Click the video below to see...


Lunch INSIDE McDonalds, who knew that was so exciting?!

Kid size corn maze

Giant Spiderweb Hammock

The Mountain of Hay Bails

ANatural on the Horse!

Green Acres is the Life for me!

Hanging with our good pals, Scooby & Shag

Fall Flowers outside the barn

A pregnant and so sweet pygmy goat

Feeding the pygmy goats


It's not a farm...

Unless you ride...

... a John Deeeeeeeere!  :)

A silo full of corn kernels, FUN!

"Cover me up in kernels Mom!"


"I want this one!"

Hmm.... which one should I pick!?

Starting the carving...

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it!

Austin, using a knife to carve for the 1st time!  I was very nervous and helped a lot, even though he did great!

The boys and their Jack 'O' Lanterns!

All 3, all done!

I roasted the seeds in olive oil, garlic salt, oregano, and parmesan cheese... they are SO nummy!

And last but not least....

... fall wouldn't be complete...with out a caramel apple!  Nom, Nom!!


And for once, all 3 children slept all through the night in their own beds!  And so did I.  :) 


One little princess didn't even make it to bed first.... all tuckered out!

No comments: