Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Quickly Catching Up!


It's been 4 months since my last update! Eeek!  So sorry I've become such a slacker on the family blog here!  I've been completely distracted with my new blog and training for this 15k I'm running in July.

To be honest, you haven't missed a whole lot... a lot of sickness, school and a fairly mild winter!
I think all that needs updating is Easter... and we took the kids to the Chicago Children's Museum recently.  Other than that it's been dare I say, uneventful?!

Things are about to pick up here though shortly with summer vacation just a month away!
We'll be heading back out west for the first time in 2 years to visit our families and celebrate the union of Chris and Amy, Jeff's cousin and his soon to be new bride!  We can hardly wait to get there and see everyone!  I'm thinking of staying a few weeks to soak it all in!  Who knows how long it'll be before our next visit?  Hopefully not so long next time!

The kids are all doing great!  Getting so big, so fast!

Austin will be turning 7 this year, already... man that went fast!
He's so sweet and helpful.... and an excellent reader!  A natural really!  He's also very good at geometry and has decided he wants to be an architect when he grows up and he's going to live in the city and not get married or have kids or own a car!  OK! :)

Jack will be 5 in just 15 days!  He's nearly the same size as Austin!  If they looked more alike they'd be confused for twins easily!  Jack is such a love!   SO sweet and cuddly, I hope he always will be!  He is exceptional at numbers and math!  He's doing great at school and there's not a doubt in my mind at this point that he is definitely ready for Kindergarten next year!

Madison will be 3 this year!  :(  I can NOT believe my baby will be 3!?!?  Where does the time go!?
She is so cute, so sweet and SO sassy!  She has mastered the 'baby talk' and wrapping her family around her finger!  She likes to take her binky out just long enough to stick her tongue out and spit, laugh and put it back in.  She's smart as a whip!  Shy and quiet at first... until she warms up.  She is right there right along side her big brother's and is lost when they're at school!

They're all a joy, together and individually.  There little spirits, personalities and love for each other inspires me every day!  I am lucky to be their Mom!

Here's a quick photo run down of the few events we've had in the past 4 months!  Hope you enjoy!
Good to be back!  I've missed ya!  I'll be updating more frequently now, pinky swear! ;)


Trapeze kids show!


AJ and Jack digging up dinosaur bones, at the Children's Museum, Chicago.


Maddie and Daddy, resting on a dinosaur head :)


Me and My Shadow...


Water sensory play!


Easter Egg Hunting!



Swinging at the park...


Our Wishing Well... all decked out for Spring!  
We STILL love it Tony, thank you for making us this for our wedding!
8 years later, it still looks great!





No comments: