Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Jesus! We ♥ U!

It's Christmas Eve, and this Santa has yet to wrap let alone deliver the presents... but as I sit sipping Santa's Pear Cinnamon Cider and eating the warm "booger cookies" or, sugar cookies we just baked for him.... I sit in quiet reflection while the children are nestled all snug in their beds!  Chistmas day is upon us, and I can't help but feel like a marathon runner, eagerly approaching the finish line, exhausted if not relieved to almost be done!

Yes, I admit, although this time of year is one of my favorites, it is also one of the most challenging when your name is MOM!  Holding fast to traditions, I caved and let the kids bake cookies tonight...despite the fact that they're all sick (hence the term booger cookies).  Luckily, I was smart enough to give them their own dough to play with but threw it away when they were done while I salvaged the untainted dough to make cookies on my own!  It was challenging... as AJ cracked his egg on the table instead of into the bowl and dumped his brother's soup left out on the table all over himself and the kitchen floor.  Then he tripped over the cord to the mixer and dropped Santa's cookies... it was one obstacle after another... but when AJ said, "Mom, this is the best Christmas ever, I just love spending time together, and making cookies and getting presents..."  I remembered why I undergo the stress... and if that wasn't convincing enough, their bedtime prayers, which included "Happy Birthday Jesus, I love you" about put me into sobs... SO sweet!  God, I love those kids!
The cookies weren't bad either! 

AJ had his first Christmas recital, we were so excited!  He did great, the kid is a natural... he was way too cool for the movements though, not a one was done with out also a roll of the eyes just to show his obvious contempt if not embarassment!

We finally went to see Santa the other night... it was snowing and picture perfect!  The boys were so cute as we waited in line to see Santa, they were on their tippy toes to peek in at him... AJ even gave Jack a boost!  Too precious!  Maddie wanted new binkis, Jack some Legos and AJ, a firetruck.... then we drove around looking at Christmas lights while sipping our hot coffees and cocoas!   In addition, we even snook in a little sledding!!  Hope you enjoy the photos!!  Thank you so much to you, Aunty's and Uncles, Grandma's and Grandpa's, for all the wonderful gifts you sent for the kids!  They are going to be so excited to open them!  I'll update before the new year with pictures of Christmas Day!  May you all have a Merry one, happy Ho,Ho, Ho to you!!!  And,... "Happy Birthday Jesus... we love you!"

Maddie in her cool new hat, thanks Aunty Tricia and Uncle Mark!



It's like Where's Waldo, can you spot our boy?

Spying on Santa.....

Given Jack a boost... what a nice big brother!



Um, I want "wego" = Legos...Thank you to Grandpa Thom and Grandma Karen....

"I want a firetruck"  Me: A fire truck, why? AJ: "I don't have one..."  well okay then....

"man you're hairy!"




Woopsi... no use cryen over spilt egg!

Jacky Crocker!


mmmm........ and to all, a good night!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

So nice to see you're posting more often. I love the pics! Looks like you had a ton of fun.