Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Goofing Around...

While going through the 455 pictures I had in my camera and are now finally downloaded, I discoverd a few cute one's worth sharring.  First... Valentine's Day, we had heart shaped waffles with Grandma's (my Mom's) home made jam... a household favorite, YUM!!  Maddie's 1st Valentines Day.... it was a sweet day!

Then, out of fresh ideas of ways to occupy the kids while stuck inside all winter... I remembered one of my favorite past times as a kid!  Tearing apart the couch and building a fort out of it!  Complete with a slide, fascilitated by the nylon (slippery) sleeping bags, a trampoline (the base springs of the couch) and the bunker (underneath).  Add it all up, and what you get is HOURS of sheer FUN!!!  Even I had a good time building it, just like the ol' days!  Jeff questioned my motives... he thought perhaps I was hoping the kids would wreck the couch so we could get a new one.  Which was smart, but honestly not my intention.  I was just looking for a good time!  And the fact that I am unemotionally attached to pretty much every "thing" that we own (with the exception of photos and heirlooms of course) .... it was no holds bar!  The photos just don't deliver it fully, it's incomplete with out the sound of their winded squeals and laughter!

And then it was finally warm enough to go out and play in the snow.  It took longer to get them dressed and undressed for the occassion then the time they actually spent playing... but whatever.  The hot cocoa after was good!
Some of you may have already figured this out?  But I'm slow, I just realized if you click on the pictures in the blog, they'll open up in an extra large window so you can see them better - that's cool!



AND, some cute one's.... just because:

2 comments:

-ana- said...

Good to see an update Mel. That last picture on this post (of all 3 kids) is absolutely adorable! :)

Ronda said...

Well I'm happy to see that you've finally updated your blog! I check it every week and have been dying to see new pics. Great job Mama!